Wednesday, September 29, 2010

This Morning...

Last week I started to go for a walk every (nearly) morning before work. It's a nice walk from our apartment down Myrtle Avenue to the corner Fort Greene Park and back, and at the moment I'm starting my walk just as the sun's coming up, so when I'm heading back to the apartment the sky tends to look rather beautiful...

This was this morning's sunrise. It looked far more impressive in real life, but my phone camera's not too shabby really.

It's lovely walking down the road as things begin to start stirring, there are some lovely smells coming from some streets, smells of fresh bread, and when I walk past the bagel shop it's so hard not to go in and get one (lucky I don't take any money with me).

Some schools must start pretty early because there are a lot of children up and about before 7am, maybe they've got quite a long journey or they might have a breakfast club or something... eitherway, it seems a bit early to me.

Hopefully my walks will become runs... but for now, a brisk 3 mile walk will do. It's a lovely way to start my day (as long as it's not raining).

1 comment:

  1. A walk in the morning is a great way to start the day and wake up... Your 3mile walk is almost the same distance as mine - it's far better than sitting on the bus!

    We'll be doing our half marathon run before you know it!

    ReplyDelete