Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Downtown...

I took a bit of a long way through downtown, wandering through SoHo, walking up Bowery and then going off through lots of little streets working my way up past Bleeker Street and Houston...

There's a great looking place called the Corner Deli which is apparently another secret bar. The upstairs bit is a rough and ready deli/takeaway place, serving tacos, burgers and stuff, but downstairs (hopefully through a secret door) is supposed to be a rather swanky bar. Ben asked us to go and have a look as part of our audit but we couldn't get a reservation, we'll keep trying though...

During the day it's obviously a very popular place for Hipsters to hangout.

as I went passed the New Museum and remembered that near by there was a huge Shepard Fairey mural, I'd been wanting to take photos of it for months and had never got round to it, so I walked up to Bowery again to find it...

When I got there, I found that it had been replaced by a big white wall full of red graffiti tags. I was too late. The wall is part of a big art project and changes every few months - so the new installation is this red and white tag wall... Oh well, it still looks pretty cool.

There were some other great little murals and grafitti tags around the area...

There's always so much to see down in the SoHo/Village/Downtown area, there's always so much to see anywhere in New York, but I love it down by SoHo...

I also spotted this chap...

Perhaps I should have stopped to hear one of his stories... next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment