Tuesday, September 21, 2010

China Town...

The Manhattan Bridge comes down into China Town, going above (and very close to) all the roof tops. You can see people hanging out their washing in the fire escapes, and all the graffiti-ed rooves, I cant' imagine what it must be like to live so close to the bridge...

Coming into China Town really does feel like visiting another country, it's extraordinary. It seemed to be heaving on Saturday, lots of people buying things from all the stalls, although some shops were busier than others...

I love the little fish mongers in China Town, they always seem to have a massive variety of fish, both alive and dead - and some other rather unusual culinary delights...

I saw a lady picking out a toad (or a frog)... I hate to think what she was going to do to it. There was one fish monger waying out a bag of fish that was still moving, the fist was flapping about like mad! I'm not sure I'm ready to buy fresh fish from China Town just yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment