Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Park Avenue...

As I've walked up 5th and 6th Avenue from work to Uptown quite a few times, I thought I'd take a different avenue to the park - so I went up Park Avenue... one of the posher avenues.

This amazing detailing was on the side of one of the bank buildings, it wraps all the way round the building... it's beautiful.

I'd never really appreciate how lovely some of the areas on Park Avenue are, you get a great view of the Chrysler Building, you walk up to Grand Central Station (and then have to walk around it because it sits right in the middle of the avenue) and then there's the Waldorf Astoria!

There was a lot of activity outside the Waldorf, lots of police, lots of security guards, lots of earpieces and roadblocks. I initially thought it must have all been in preparation for the big UN summit that's happening in New York this week (apparently Obama's planning on staying at Waldorf!) - but it turns out it was all in preparation for two V.V.V.V.I.Ps that are coming to New York in just over 7 weeks time!

No comments:

Post a Comment