Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Central Park...

When I reached the park I was feeling pretty good about myself, I knew that was a pretty big chunk of the distance done, but the park begins at 59th street, and I was planning on getting to 110th street - so there was still a fair distance to go and the sun was getting ready for bed...

I went into the park to get a break from all the concrete pavements and skyscrapers, the trees are just starting to turn, leaves are starting to get a little reddish and there's that autumn smell in the air that I love. It was also that crisp evening sunlight that makes everything look so beautiful...

After a while I realised that I wasn't really making any progress in walking up Manhattan, I was meandering across Manhattan because of the wiggly paths in the park. So I made my way to the edge of the park and headed back up the main roads, making my way to Museum Mile...

It wasn't long until I reach the Guggenhiem, and then after a couple of blocks I was the highest I'd ever been in Manhattan... it's pretty blummin' posh around there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment