Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Finish Line...

I made it.

I had seen from Tom's photos of his adventure into Harlem, that the top end of Central Park was rather lovely. There's a very well kept little gardens section that felt very English - it was obviously a popular place for weddings as I saw three different parties all waiting to have their photos taken.

The pond at the very top of the park felt very peaceful as the sun was beginning to set. I wish the colours came out properly in the sky, the sky was a beautiful blue - more like this...

It was such a lovely evening and great place to end my walk. It felt great to have done it, (my feet were blummin' sore though, I'd stupidly worn my Vans instead of my good trainers - I won't make that mistake again!)... I think there'll be some more walking adventures in New York before long.

3 comments:

  1. YOU DID IT! I've really enjoyed these past few entries to your blog m'dear. It certainly is a great way to see the highlights of New York and explore Central Park. Maybe we'll have to plan another 13mile route for the next time I make a return to NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could do there and back - make it a marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope we're not subjected to this - it's too much like hard work!! But as Tom says, the entries are really interesting and you obvioulsy had a fantastic day.

    ReplyDelete