Sunday, August 23, 2009

Washington Square Park...

Yesterday evening, on my way to the cinema I strolled through Washington Square Park. I always forget just how close it is to work, it's just at the end of 5th Avenue. At the weekends there are often loads of different performers there, sometimes good ones (like the little band I saw) sometimes not so good, like the juggler I saw who kept dropping his batons.
I'd seen two of this little band before, performing as a duo (the girl with the washboard and the guy with dreadlocks) - they're brilliant. The girl's got such a distinctive and old fashioned sounding voice and they play old 40's style songs. They'd attracted quite a crowd and were playing in a restaurant later that evening... I was almost tempted to go and have tea there so I could hear them some more (I'd already had a mighty tasty burger from Stand already though).

No comments:

Post a Comment