Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bedford Busker...


On Thursday, I stopped off at Bedford Avenue to get some Falafel after work. There are usually buskers in Bedford Avenue, some of them are really good... some of them aren't so good - but when I was waiting for the train to come after I'd had my tea I heard the some beautiful violin music coming from the other end of the station. I walked down the platform, to see who was playing, he was great and he sang too, but he had a really high voice and was singing harmonising notes with whatever he was playing on his violin. He also seemed incredibly grateful when I put some money in his case.

Last night when I was on the train back to my apartment this man walked down the carraige, saying that he was homeless or whatever and he was going to sing for everyone and hopes he doesn't disturb anyone too much - usually people come round begging and don't do anything, they just give a schpeil and then hold a cup out... but this guy was going to sing. I don't think anyone on the train was expecting to hear what came next... he had the most INCREDIBLE voice. He sung that 'I was boooooooorn by the river...' song. It was absolutely amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment