Sunday, August 16, 2009

It Might Get Loud...

After having some Pigs in Blankets at the Brooklyn Diner at Times Square (as recommended by Mops and Pops!) and a couple of pints in a 'Authentic' Irish Pub, Jon and I went to go and see It Might Get Loud.

It's more or less a film with The Edge, Jack White and Jimmy Page talking about their relationship with the electric guitar and how they got into playing it - it was really interesting to hear their stories, especially Jimmy Page (He played guitar on the Goldfinger song!). I did think that they could have picked some other prolific guitarists to talk to too - Jack White's not really the most accomplished player in the world...

We went to see it in the 42nd Street AMC cinema, so it was great being in a cinema in Times Square - it was HUGE and had a very grand foyer. They show a lot more films than the one near work, so I think at weekends I'll be going there more.

The film has made me miss my guitar even more... maybe if the exchange rate gets a bit better I might invest in a new one?!

No comments:

Post a Comment