Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ponyo Ponyo...

Last night I went to see Ponyo at the Sunshine Theatre. Ponyo's the latest Disney Anime type film, by the same person who did Spirited Away and Howls Moving Castle... although they'd got different actors in to do the English voices, like Liam Neeson, Tina Fey and Matt Damon.

It's a really lovely (strange) story about a little goldfish who turns into a little girl after licking a cut on a little boy's finger...? It was very sweet anyway and the Ponyo character was very cute.

The Sunshine Theatre's brilliant - I think it must have been renovated or something because it looks all old from the outside and has HUGE letters saying SUNSHINE on the awning, but then inside it's all new and has stadium seating and really comdy chairs. I've just looked on google and it looks like they hold film premiers there sometimes... fancy!

I stopped off on my way back to the apartment for a couple of $1 slices of pizza... yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment