Thursday, August 20, 2009

In The Gutter...

Last night the four of us went for a spot of bowling in Williamsburg. We went the The Gutter, which is a brilliant bowling alley that looks like it's straight out of 1970 or something - it's got a really old bar and pool table area and shabby (in a good way) alleys.

They consoles for the scores were all old, they were just black and green screens with very simple pixelated counters and stuff and the chutes where the ball comes up out of were all metal and felt similar to the design of all those old American 'streamline' aviation inspired things like the Airstream caravans.

It was great - which is more than can be said for my playing... not one single strike. Pitiful.

There's another bowling alley just down the road which looks far swankier, it has leather sofas instead of those plastic seats where you sit and wait for your go and they've got huge plasma screens hanging up - so I think I'll be going there next!


2 comments:

  1. At last - a photo of yourself! So about your score...did you come last?
    Sounds like a good evening anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I maaaaaay have come last in the first game and third in the second... Overall rather shameful. I think it's not having played Wii bowling for a while that's done it! I'll have to practise at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete