Monday, April 30, 2012

Faile Totem...

A few weeks ago I mentioned the street artist/s Faile and their big wall mural down on Houston and Bowery - and how there was supposed to be a little wooden Totem pole next to the wall...

Well, their mural's now gone in Manhattan, but when I was mooching about Williamsburg yesterday afternoon I stumbled, completely by accident, one of their wooden totems!


It was about 4 feet tall, all carved out of wood - like an old telegraph pole or something - and hand painted...


The top was all intricately carved too...

I love it when you just stumble across stuff from walking around - especially things that you really don't expect to see. I think I see some to the most exciting sites when I'm just mooching about without any proper reason, or anywhere in particular to go...

It's sometimes just nice to get a bit lost and see where you end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment