Saturday, April 7, 2012

Smallest Library In The World...

On the way back from the Meat Hook I spotted a funny little shed/hut like thing chained to a lampost. It looked a bit like a dog kennel with a red front door...

As I got closer I saw that it was a tiny little library!

I'd read about the library on a couple of blogs and I'd been meaning to go and find it - so it was lovely to accidently stumble across it yesterday evening.

It's called the Leonard & Withers Corner Library and is available to anyone who wants to put things in there, it can be books they want to share, books they've written, DVDs, magazines, drawings, anything that they would like the local community to see and know about.

Unfortunately it was locked, so I could see what was inside this time - it'd be great to see the little bookshelves inside!

It's such a lovely quirky idea - and it's obviously respected by the locals because there was no signs of vandalism or anything. It's so nice to think that people are doing little thoughtful projects like this in Brooklyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment