Saturday, April 7, 2012

Greenpoint...

Late this afternoon I went to get my hair cut at the new(ish) Hair Metal in Greenpoint. We've not really explored Greenpoint that much, so I thought I'd have a little mooch around.

The area around Hair Metal is really lovely, with tree lined streets with lots of little houses, each looking different from the next. A little bit further on from the residential roads was a street with a few really great murals on the walls...

The road led down to the East River Ferry port - which is a new jetty in a pretty industrial area. There were lots of old warehouses around there, with some hidden gems hiding behind the high fences, like this old taxi...

The late afternoon sunlight on the river was absolutely beautiful...

... and the view of the Manhattan Skyline was stunning...

It looked like there some nice little cafes around Greenopoint too, so we might try and go back and have a better explore. I'd love to take a little adventure on the East River Ferry some time too, I wonder where it goes...?

No comments:

Post a Comment