Friday, April 13, 2012

Tram Graveyard...

Behind the Fairway Market (next to the cafe) are two old, decaying trams. Apparently they're the remains of a tram museum that used to be down there. 

I remember seeing them on a programme called Bored To Death (a comedy set in Brooklyn) and had wondered where they were for ages. I looked them up a few months ago and had been wanting to go and find them ever since...

I made the most of being sent to Ikea and finally found the trams,  they were pretty amazing...

 They had gates all the way round them, so you couldn't get in, and you couldn't really take any wide shots of them - but it was great to be able to walk round them and peer in the smashed windows, seeing the old drivers seat and controls.

I read on the internet that there had been a proposal to introduce a new tram system to Brooklyn - I'm not sure whether that proposal got anywhere... it would be nice though, I think they could work. It'd certainly be nicer than riding the subway all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment