Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Shins...

Last night I went to go and see The Shins play at Terminal 5...

It was the second of their three night stint in New York - and they were absolutely amazing!

I've wanted to see The Shins play live for aaaaaaaaaaaaaages, and until recently they'd not been playing many gigs - they did a one off gig in New York last year that sold out instantly, so I was so glad to finally get to see them.

They played all my favourites - which is always good - and everyone was singing along at the top of their voices. The band looked like they were having a fun night too. There was a really great atmosphere.

As I got to Terminal 5, I found my spot at the side of the stage and looked around only to see Stefan Sagmeister standing in the crowd just to my left! What a coincidence... I told myself that if he was still there by the end of the gig, I'd go and say Hello, but he'd moved by the encore... Oh well.

It was a really great gig and I'm glad I went - I wasn't really in the mood to go, especially on a Monday and especially after still being a bit pooped from our Boston adventure - but it was a really fun night and a perfect way to end a fantastic and busy month.

Roll on May!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment