Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Spotted Pig...

On Friday evening we finally went for tea at The Spotted Pig.

It's been on 'the list' of places to go for absolutely ages and after Tom and Fay's recommendation we decided we'd go and see what it was like for ourselves.

It was a lovely walk over from work, through Greenwich Village and as we escaped work bang on time we were able to beat all the crowds, we only had to wait 15 minutes for a table - just enough time for a little drink at the bar.

Inside it felt very British, a bit like a country pub with loads and loads of pig things covering the walls. They had a bar and tables downstairs, or we could go and drink upstairs - so we did. It's lovely and cozy, with tables tucked round corners, and with lovely old windows to sit by. It was lovely.

Any time a list of the 'Best Burgers in NYC' comes out, the Spotted Pig is always on there, in the top 5, so I'm amazed it's taken us this long to go and try their burger for ourselves. So we both had the burger, with blue cheese and hay-like fries and it was mighty mighty fine.

I have to say though, Shake Shack and Burger Joint still take the top spots.

Spotted Pig did however do the best Devils on Horseback I've ever had. They were amazing, they tasted slightly Chinesey and tangy in a nice sauce... Mmmm, I can still taste them now.

They also did the most amazing Banoffee Pie I'd ever had too, although I say 'I had', I only had a wee taste, no sooner had it been placed on the table before it had been inhaled by Miss Turner.

I think we'd love to go back and try some of the other things on the menu, they had an amazing looking steak or a lamb shank for two... they have to be saved for a special occasion though.

I'm so glad we finally got to go, and it was lovely to think that Tom and Fay were there for their New Years celebrations too.

Spotted Pig - you definitely make the Top 10, but I'm afraid you didn't quite make the top spot on our burger list.

No comments:

Post a Comment