Saturday, February 9, 2013

Snowy Central Park...

I think it might be nearly 3 years since I last saw Central Park totally covered in snow. The last time I think it was a work day and I was off-sick, so when I went for a walk around it was really quiet, and the snow was still falling so it had silenced the sounds of the city. Today though, it was a busy, beautiful Saturday, the snow had stopped and the sun was out - as was everyone with a camera! 

The park looked absolutely amazing in the sun and snow. I felt incredibly lucky when I stepped out of the subway station and saw this view...

I'd never seen the park looking like that - not with gorgeous blue skies and a thick blanket of snow over everything. It was so stunning - I couldn't wait to get into the park and walk around and take some photos. 

There were loads of people around, lots of lucky holiday makers who were on holiday during the snow, families going sledging, runners braving the elements, there were even skiers out in the park! It was fantastic, all walks of life, all different characters, all out enjoying the snow together. Everyone looked so happy, I don't think you could be unhappy when you're surrounded by such a beautiful setting really.

Anyway, I'm afraid I took a LOT of photos - I've edited them down a bit, but there's still quite a few...


 and here's one just for Tom...

When I said there were all sorts of characters out in the park - I meant all types! This man was standing in the middle of the road with his headphones on, dancing away and waving his little flag...

When the wind blew and all the snow came off the trees he looked a bit like an arctic explorer, about the claim a new mountain for the United States of America...

It was such a fantastic and unforgettable morning - I'm glad there wasn't so much snow that the trains stopped working, but I'm glad there was enough to make it feel like an adventure. I loved wading through the snow drifts and trying not to slip on the icy patches.

I just wish I'd taken a sledge with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment