Sunday, February 24, 2013

ESPO's Creative Outlet...

This afternoon I went along to 4th Avenue and Bergen in Brooklyn to find Steve 'ESPO' Power's Creative Outlet...

The Creative Outlet is mainly the new workshop space for Icy Signs, but it's also a little gallery/shop space for Steve Powers - I popped in for a bit of a nosey...

 Mr. Powers wasn't there today, but there was someone working on a new piece - Work Piling Up!

As well as the big metal pieces (like the Work one) there were also lots of smaller pieces for sale, there were books, stickers, brilliant mugs as well as some smaller screen prints (a bit more affordable than the $1000+ metal pieces)...

But as well as it being a studio, a gallery and a shop, it's also a working sign painting business too! I've started noticing more of Icy Sign's work around Brooklyn at some pizza places and tattoo parlours. I was watching a video about Steve Powers and Icy Signs and there was a great quote...

"A business with no sign, is a sign of no business"

There's a print that I've got my eye on - one of the smaller screen prints, so hopefully come pay day there'll be some left... if not I'll happily settle for a mug!

So, stay tuned - there might be a post about a new piece of art on our walls soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment