Sunday, September 16, 2012

Biking About...

I went on another bike ride this morning. This time I went up to Long Island City, going through Williamsburg, under the Williamsburg Bridge, through Greenpoint, over the Pulaski Bridge into Long Island City and up to 5 Pointz... then back again...

 It was another nice 12 mile loop - admittedly my bike rides this weekend haven't been the most picturesque areas, but I always love seeing all the different kinds of graffiti and street art, all the different textures and surfaces people paint on, or the effects left after the paint's worn away.

I'm really enjoying discovering new bits of Brooklyn, and finding how the areas we've already been to link together - all the different neighbourhoods don't seem so far apart anymore. Once you find out that such and such a place is just 5 blocks away from that other place, it links everywhere together more.

Maybe soon I can find some prettier places in New York to go cycling... but for now I'm happy with my Brooklyn bike rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment