Monday, October 12, 2009

Tick Tock & Toy Story...

On Saturday afternoon I popped into town for a bit of shopping... I was on the phone to Abi and said I was popping into town, then it struck me - that popping into 'town' is popping into Manhattan! Pretty cool.

Anyway, I had a spot of tea at the Tick Tock Diner on 34th Street - I'd seen it a couple of times when I've been around that area and thought it'd be good to see what it's like inside. I had myself a very tasty $10 burger with a cup of tea before heading to the pictures for a Toy Story Double Feature...

It was great seeing both films back to back, and on the big screen again - AND IN 3D! I'm really looking forward to the new one next year. They had a 10 minute interval in between the two films, and had some fun little clips and trivia questions to keep everyone entertained while they waited.

Unfortunately they hadn't cleaned the cinema since the last screening, so there was popcorn everywhere and drinks cups all over the place - it was a bit of a mess, but once the film started I didn't think much of it... However, on my way out of the cinema I was handed a voucher for a free-ticket for my next trip, as an apology for the mess - not bad eh!

So I think I'll pop back this week sometime and see either Whip It or Zombieland...

No comments:

Post a Comment