Monday, October 12, 2009

Mooching to Manhattan Bridge...

The weather on Sunday was BEAUTIFUL - it was so sunny and crisp outside, it wasn't nippy but it was really fresh and clear... a perfect day for some exploring, so that's what I did.

Since I've been in Bedstuy I've got a taxi back to the flat at night a couple of times and the journey back takes you over the Manhattan Bridge - at night the views from the Manhattan Bridge are amazing. You can see the Brooklyn Bridge all lit up and you can see the Financial District and Pier 17 and all the lights twinkling in the reflection on the river (it's the view that they used on Friends sometimes)... So I thought if I could get back to Manhattan Bridge I'd be able to take some nice photos.

I walked from my apartment to the bridge, which is about 3 miles - as I started crossing the bridge and noticed lots of lovely looking streets just under the bridge and the surrounding area... so I took a couple of photos and then turned back to try and find these streets. The area under the bridge is called DUMBO (District Underneath Manhattan Bridge Overpass), I'd heard it was a bit of a groovy place but I'd never been... it's a really fantastic area.

This is the view of the Brooklyn Bridge from the Manhattan Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment