Monday, October 26, 2009

Autumn In The Park...

After saying cheerio to Mops and Pops on Sunday afternoon I thought I'd go back to the park and take some photos of the leaves...

The park was a hive of activity, I love it on a Sunday afternoon with all the families and the runners and the rollerbladers and the horse and karts and the hotdog stands... I love it, love it, love it! It certainly helped to keep me from feeling too blue after saying Goodbye.

The leaves looks so fantastic in the evening sunlight.

There were also some families playing baseball or playing catch or football. It's lovely to see families spending Sunday afternoons together outside in the sun - not sure there's much of that going on back in the UK or not, but it was comforting to see it here...

I walked back to the lake, to see all the boaters and see the reflections of the leaves in the water, it was so beautiful. I think evening sunlight is my favourite kind of light, it's my favourite time of day. It was so peaceful by the lake, I find it amazing that in the middle of all the busy busy noise of Manhattan you can sit on a rock by the lake and feel completely relaxed and calm and not hear any traffic... perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment