Monday, October 5, 2009

Sunny Sunday in Central Park...

It feels like it's been AGES since I last went to Central Park, so this Sunday afternoon (after feeling a bit fed up that I couldn't get the cardigan I wanted) I took the Q train up to 59th Street and went for a little walk to check that all the trees still had all their leaves.

I walked through the Zoo and saw the Sealions playing in their pool and saw the Polar Bear too, I'm glad it's starting to get a bit colder, hopefully the Polar Bear will start to feel a little more at home.

It was a gorgeous late afternoon and it was surprising warm - I think it was the last warm day we're going to have, looking at the forecast the temperature's going to start getting down to around 15ÂșC by the middle of next week. So I thought I'd make the most of the lovely warm sun and got myself an Ben & Jerry's ice cream... Mmmmmmm.

The Park was amazingly busy, I think everyone else must have been making the most of the sun too. I can't wait to walk around the park with you Mops and Pops, hopefully by then we'll be able to kick through all the leaves!

3 comments:

  1. It's a relief to see the trees still covered in leaves. We are counting down the days now as in a weeks time we'll be on our way. Sounds like we need to pack woolly jumpers this time.

    Not sure about those chips and sauce though!

    It looks as though you had a good expotition at the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds as though you had a perfect Sunday afternoon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not long now 'til we'll be kicking through the leaves in Central Park ... less than 7 weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete