Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Brothers Moving...

This evening I left work and was planning on going to the cinema, but instead I ended up watching this group for about half an hour in Union Square. They were a group called Brothers Moving, from Denmark and were absolutely AMAZING.

They had the most incredible voices, a cross between Louis Armstrong, Joe Cocker and Ralph from the Muppets (the dog who played the piano)... they were obvoiusly having great fun playing and managed to hold a big crowd for the whole time. They played their own songs (in their whatever language they speak in Denmark?!) as well as some covers, a great version of 'Roxanne' and Stevie Wonder's 'Master Blaster' and Joe Cocker's version of 'With A Little Help From My Friends'.

They're doing a little gig on Friday night at Webster Hall so I might go along to that, but by the looks of things they play a lot in New York. They were selling EPs for $7, so I picked one up - I've been trying all night to work out how to upload a song on here, but I don't think I can do it, so instead I've managed to find a little video of them performing (with a little help from a fan).

Walking through Union Square is so fantastic, you never know who's going to be there and what they're going to be doing, whether they're musicians or dancers or artists or whatever. I love it, it makes my journey back from work so much more enjoyable knowing that I might get to hear some great music.


No comments:

Post a Comment