Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Paula Scher and a brgr...

Last night I went to a free talk at FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology). They hold a number of free talks each year by prolific designers and last night it was Paula Scher talking. She works in New York and is a partner at Pentagram (I really want to work for them!).

She's done some amazing work, but I think some of the really interesting stuff she does are her paintings, she does them in her spare time (although I don't know how she has any spare time!)... they're huge apparently and incredibly intricate.

I noticed that just over the road from FIT was a placed called brgr, so in the name of research I went and had my tea there (research into the best burger in NYC). The burger unfortunately wouldn't have made my Top 5, but the chips would - I had 'The Trio' which was sample of their normal fries, their sweet potato fries and their onion hay! Yum!

I think I might have to pop back, just to make sure I've made the right decision - also I think I need to give them a second chance as they didn't get my order quite right (but I didn't want to question it) - they'd forgotten to top my burger off with a fried egg... Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. So did you get to exchange business cards with Paula?! It's all about networking, so let's hope someone from Pentagram gets to read your blog!

    Now, about all these chips...

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he... I've not had thaaaaat many chips... I've given up booze and fizzy pop this month - so it's not all bad.

    I didn't get to do much networking, but I'm hoping to get to some more events soon so I can hand out a card or two (it was more a student event, so no networking afterwards).

    I'm going to start refreshing my portfolio though!

    ReplyDelete