Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Two Trumpets!

When Abi and I were strolling back through the park on Sunday afternoon we came across this little jazz band, they were playing some fantastic music, proper New York jazz - it sounded great. The Trumpeter was a rather talented gentleman, he could only bloody played TWO TRUMPETS AT ONCE!

The buskers in New York are sometimes absolutely brilliant, for some reason it's always comforting to hear fantastic music being played be really talented people... the other weekend I was in the subway and there was a busker with the most incredible voice, he was singing his own rendition of No Woman No Cry - I only had a $20 note (or bill?), I asked him if he had change (probably a stupid question to ask a busker!), he didn't so I ran out of the station, went to the nearest hot dog vendor, bought a hot dog to get some change, then rushed back so I could give him some money... I think he was a little shocked that I actually stuck to my word and came back, but he was incredibly appreciative.

I think a lot of people ignore buskers, but this guy had a little crowd gathering round him, he really did have an amazing voice, he sounded a little like Ray Charles... maybe I should start busking with my Banjo (it's still just sitting in the cupboard!)

1 comment:

  1. We're looking forward to seeing and hearing some of the NYC buskers ........... soon! NLN, only three and a bit weeks. This lot look the Real McCoy, I bet they sounded good too. Maybe it was the other trumpetter's day off! (Pops).

    ReplyDelete