Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ozone layers...


I was walking through Union Square on my way to the subway after work and saw this artist...

He created these amazing spacey landscapes using spray paint - he did right there and then infront of a pretty big crowd. It was so interesting to see how he created different effects using the spray paint, layering it up, scratching bits off... it took him about 5 minutes to do one.

On a different note, as I was watching him I was munching on the yummiest little Cuban Cornish Pasty. There's a restaurant round the corner from work called Havana Central, it does delicious pulled pork sandwiches. On certain evenings they have a little stall outside selling little snacky things, enticing people in to have a full meal. Tonight they had these little pasties for $1 each - they had beef ones, cheese and broccoli ones so I had one of each (I thought the broccoli would count as one of my 5 a day!) - they were delicious, hopefully they'll be every Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Not wanting to appear as name droppers - we saw something very similar to this in Bergen and it attracted great interest there too. The artists would need to always work outside with those fumes wouldn't they!

    ReplyDelete