Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bastille Day in Brooklyn...

I didn't realise it was a big deal over here, but in a little corner of Brooklyn there was a grand old street party happening. Lola had invited me along, but annoyingly by the time I got there she'd gone back to Manhattan and chosen not to tell me (!), so I just mooched about on my own for a bit, got myself a beer and a rather tasty baguette with a sausage and frites inside, doused in some spicy, peppery Mary Rose sauce... yum!

They'd blocked off a couple of blocks of the street and had made these petanque pitches...

There was a fantastic band, playing swing music - there was an ever increasing crowd over extrememly well dressed people dancing infront of them... there was such a great atmosphere, everyone was so happy. Some of the people looked fantastic - so dapper!

The tuba player was my favourite... bloody brilliant beard.

Just your average Brooklyn gilouteen knocking around in the middle of the street.



No comments:

Post a Comment