Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hogs, Heffers & Hot Dogs...

Well, Tom's just left to fly back home (I wish I could have squeezed into his suitcase), it's been a fantastic few days - I've got hundreds of photos to sort through (literally hundreds, I got a bit carried away with the typography in Coney Island), but here are a couple of pictures from the past few days...

A bit of Giantism...

Some Crif Dogs...

Some World Record breaking Hot Dog eating
(68 in 10 minutes - and that's just me and Tom!)...

Some rickety old fairground rides (and saw body parts afterwards!)...

and some whiskey at a truely American saloon!

It's been an amazing 10 days, with both Abi and Tom coming to visit, the worst bit is saying goodbye at the airport though... I think that's rapidly becoming one of my least favourite things to do - but it's worth it. I can't wait for my next visitors in just over 3 weeks!

5 comments:

  1. We watched a bit of the hot dog contest on sky TV. Couldn't see you in the crowd but did see some seriously over large people - a new meaning to eating too many pies!!! Fantastic weather for Independence Day but did you fly the Union Jack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What exactly are crif dogs?! Might prefer salad!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crif Dogs are special Hot Dogs, the sausage is wrapped in bacon and then deep fried (I think), it's a bug Pig in a blanket! They're massively unhealthy but hugely yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great bunch of pictures - it's great that you and Tom had such a good time together. Coney Island looks a fun place - and I love Tom's hats! (Pops).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha - his hats were completely unintentional, I wish I'd positioned the camera differently, especially with the Wonder Wheel.

    Coney Island was GREAT - it's eery and tacky, but in a brilliant way.

    ReplyDelete