Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Today's The Day...

I can't believe it's been 4 years since I was in Arkansas watching one of the most historic Presidential elections! Tonight's going to be another huge night for America - hopefully they'll make the right choice again.

It's going to be very interesting to see the difference between New York's reaction to the election results and that of Arkansas 4 years ago. I remember going to work the day after the election and absolutely no-body mentioned the fact that Obama won, it was as if no-one in that particular corner of Arkansas wanted to admit that it had happened. If they don't talk about it, it didn't happen. I think this time round there'll be a load of relief and celebration in New York if when Obama gets re-elected. 

I feel that this time round I've got a bit of a better grasp of what each candidate stands for (or at least what they say they stand for). We've watched nearly all of the debates and we've seen the conferences on telly, it's been fascinating to watch and odd knowing that we know who we'd vote for, but we have no say in the matter.

There have been lots of different videos going round the internet, I was watching one last night of Jay-Z at the Obama rally, singing 'I got 99 problems but Mitt ain't one!'. In contrast, I also saw this jaw-dropping video of Romney's supporters in Ohio...



Whatever happens, it'll be another exciting night watching CNN and their interactive maps. They're not a patch on John Snow, but they'll do for now. We'll be eating burgers and drinking Jack Daniels tonight to get into the American spirit.

1 comment:

  1. We've got CNN on, but I don't think we'll be able to keep awake... So, we'll have to wait 'til the morning before we hear Barack O has won again! The past four years have passed by very quickly - this time last year we were getting ready for Las Vegas! I'm sure NYC will be much more appreciative of Obama retaining the Presidency - what a historic four years you've had living in the USA!

    ReplyDelete