Saturday, November 3, 2012

Queues, Queues, Queues...

This morning we witnessed one of the huge queues for petrol...

The queue was at least 4 blocks away from the nearest petrol station and looked like it went down the road for at least another 3 blocks from where we were. It was crazy.

The odd thing is that there are reports of people driving 50 miles to get petrol, but by the time they've filled up they've wasted 100 miles worth of petrol anyway...? It doesn't quite make sense to me.

I was wondering where the buses get all their petrol from - I'm assuming they have their own private supply at the bus depots or something. I'm surprised there haven't been more cases of people syphoning petrol from the bus depots or from the taxi depots (I think they have their own supplies too).

No comments:

Post a Comment