Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner...

Well... a little more tired than expected, and a LOT later than expected... the dinner was underway - with the help of a couple of hungry visitors, we managed to finally get the turkey stuffed and cooked...

What started as a rather grand plan of doing the whole Thanksgiving dinner, turned into a bit of a easier and quicker version - not starting the cooking until 6.30pm wasn't really part of the plan, but we made the best of it...

I think we were all rather tired (some of us even had a 2 hour sleep while the Turkey was in the oven - he he!) and very hungry, so when the bird was FINALLY done at 10.30pm we were more than ready for some food...

It wasn't quite the massive feast I'd planned in my head, but the sweet potatoes had cinnamon in them, and the carrots had honey drizzled on them, so that was pretty American I suppose.

Here she is... in all her glory.
(Not a patch on the Chatsworth Turkey's by the way, you really get what you pay for at Chatters!)

The great success of the night were the stuffing balls - bloody delicious, even if I do say so myself... I think I might just make stuffing balls for a meal one time.

Roll on Christmas for some proper Turkey.



2 comments:

  1. All looks absolutely delicious to us - well done to the chef. We're sure it was enjoyed by everybody. Who care what time it was , it was Thanksgiving with your family!XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the BESTEST bit of all!

    ReplyDelete