Monday, November 2, 2009

Incredible...

Another incredibly moving sight was seeng runners of all abilities taking part... it really made me realise that a lot of the time disabilities can just be a state of mind - some of these people refuse to let things stop them from achieving great things...

I must stress that I didn't actually realise what I'd taken a photo of here - I was trying to take a photo of the man carrying the American flag, I'd not noticed that the gentleman next to him had artificial legs (I suppose that's a good thing isn't it?)

I've also only just twigged (after cropping the photo) that the man on the left in the photo is guiding the man on the right. I'd spotted this pair because they're both holding a length of rubbery plastic between them - which I now realise was to keep them together.

It really was such an inspiring experience...

1 comment:

  1. All of these are much more interesting than the photo of a tearful Paula Radcliffe which was what our newspapers captured. You have caught the spirit of the marathon with these. X

    ReplyDelete