Monday, November 2, 2009

Brooklyn Heights...

After washing my socks on Sunday I went to meet up with Will and Ting for some fish and chips in Brooklyn - Will had said that these fish and chips were better than back at home! I have to say, they were mighty fine fish and chips and the certainly come incredibly close to the Bakewell chip shop.

Afterwards we went for a little walk around Court Street, I'd never been there before but it's a great area, there's lots of really nice shops... There's even a Macy's nearby, I had no idea that there was a Macy's in Brooklyn! There's also an Urban Outfitters around there too...

We then went for a walk around the super-dooper posh area of Brooklyn Heights. All the houses in the Brooklyn Heights area are beautiful, some of them look quite colonial but most of them are incredibly well kept Brownstone-walkups. They are all had lovely big pumpkins on their stoops leading up to their lovely shiny front doors. It's kind of area that you walk down the road and you instantly want to live in every house but know that there's no way you'll ever EVER be able to afford it...

We walked down Montague Street to the river where there was a little promenade and a memorial with the most amazing views of the river and Manhattan, Governers Island, The Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan Bridge. Some of the people who live around there would have the most stunning views from their bedroom windows - look...

Apparently it looks spectacular at night time, I think it'll be somewhere for romantic walks after a nice meal in one of the little restaurants in Brooklyn Heights.

Brooklyn Heights is like a mini Manhattan, condensed into a few blocks - there are the Brownstones, the restaurants and cafes, all like Greenwich Village. Then there are shops like Banana Republic and furniture shops selling Eames pieces, like on 5th Avenue, then you walk a little further, just out of Brooklyn Heights and it starts to look a little like Wall Street...

I think if I ever win the lottery I'll buy a house in the area, I have no doubt that I'll have celebrity neighbours, only the rich and famous could possibly afford to live there - there were flats for sale for nearly $3 MILLION!

I'll certainly be going back for some fish and chips - would anyone like to join me?

1 comment:

  1. The sky looks wonderful. I could stare at that view for ever. X

    ReplyDelete