Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunny Central Park...

The weather yesterday was absolutely amazing, it was just perfect for a last walk round Central Park...

I think Central Park has been my favourite part of New York. We don't go up there all that often, but I think that's helped keep it feeling magical, it's always different, there's always something happening, there's always amazing characters about, and there's always someone who'll offer to take a photo for you...


It was such a perfect day for a wee walk, and a wee hotdog at the Boathouse.

Seeing the park in the summer is fantastic, seeing the leaves changing in the autumn is absolutely stunning, seeing the park covered in a blanket of snow is truly magical and seeing the buds come up in spring always feels exciting.

It always amazes me that amongst all the huge skyscrapers and the noise from the taxis and the hustle and bustle of the streets, Central Park remains a peaceful island in the middle of New York. It's so quiet and calm - I think that's why it's my favourite part of New York. 

That, and because there's always a hotdog vendor about!

No comments:

Post a Comment