Friday, May 17, 2013

YCN/NYC...

On Monday afternoon I was invited along to the rather swanky SoHo House in the Meat Packing District to do some judging for YCN.


The judging was for their Professional Awards for Graphic Design, Illustration and Animation - so I got to sit in the 'Library' at SoHo House and flick through lots of great work.

I left feeling very inspired and wanting to enter the awards myself next year - maybe?

Then on Wednesday YCN hosted an event called 'Now You Can Illustrate', this time in the very opulent screening room at SoHo House!


There were three speakers, one of which was a brilliant British designer called Craig Ward. I've liked Craig's work since I was at Uni and I'd actually just finished reading his book (Popular Lies About Graphic Design), so it was brilliant to get to hear him talk about his work and his process.

After the talks we all got to go and have drinks at the roof top (poolside!) bar... it was all very fancy - it's usually a members only kind of establishment, so I felt a bit out of place, but it was great to be able to enjoy a drink up there and have a little chat with Craig afterwards.

Now I need to crack on with my own work and get ready for next years awards!

No comments:

Post a Comment