Sunday, May 26, 2013

East River Ferry...

This afternoon I took a blustery trip on the East River Ferry.

The ferry goes from around 36th Street in Manhattan, over to Long Island City, then makes a few stops  in Brooklyn, down to Dumbo and then across to Wall Street - and it's only $4 for a one way trip, so you can get quite a nice little ferry boat ride for that!

I got on at Greenpoint, where there were plenty of fishermen waiting for a bite...

 I think they'd been there aaaaaaall day and not caught anything. Mind you, I think I could have quite happily sat on that little pier in the sunshine all day too, it was such a beautiful afternoon.

The views from the ferry were fantastic...

 It was a great little trip - I got off the boat just after the Williamsburg Bridge, where there was a great view of the Manhattan Bridge and the World Trade Center...

All in all, it was $4 well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment