Friday, April 29, 2011

Right Royal Wedding...

Well, we set our alarms and we watched it!

As Abi made her way to DUMBO to watch the wedding under the Manhattan Bridge, I was lying in bed with a big cup of coffee feeling INREDIBLY proud to be Brit in America.

America seems to have gone absolutely crazy for the wedding, with every single telly channel talking about it, several channels have had a little countdown clock on their screens for the passed 2 weeks! The channel TLC has had back to back wedding programmes on since Monday (including Charles and Diana's wedding!?).

I was watching it on CNN, unfortunately that meant putting up with Piers Morgan's stupid comments and some other stupid Americans who said 'You wouldn't want to wear that dress to a restaurant'...?!

I loved the whole thing, I thought it was a spectacular event that we can be proud of. The Abbey looked stunning and everyone looked so grand in all their finery. I want one of those red coats!

The nicest thing about the whole event was knowing that you were watching it back at home at the same time, looking at exactly the same thing on your telly too. It made me feel like I wasn't so far away. It won't be very much longer and I'll be home... just a few weeks now!

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment