Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pies in the Park...

I got to Prospect Park a wee bit early on Thursday - so rather than sit in the cinema for an hour, I went to find The Pie Shop for a little smackeral.

Abi and I had seen the Pie Shop aaaaages ago when we went down to Prospect Park last summer, but we didn't go in. I think the shop was set up by some Australians - and Australian's know their pies, so I was expecting good things... I was not disappointed!

I had the most delicious litte Thai Chicken pie... it was just like the pies you get at home, like the ones from the fish and chip shop (but fresh!). They have a few different flavours, some proper pie flavors like steak and mushroom, and some fancier ones like thai chicken and chicken korma. They also had sausage rolls!!!

So I took my pie (and little sausage roll), all wrapped in foil and walked round the corner to Prospect Park. The park was looking lovely in the evening sunlight, the blossom was starting to come through on the trees and the park was full activity.

People were walking their dogs, riding their bikes, jogging, playing baseball, or just strolling through the park... it was lovely to see everyone enjoying themselves and enjoying the evening.

It was incredibly relaxing to take some time and just sit and people watch. It was a lovely way to start the evening... and that pie. Ooooooh, that pie!

It was so delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment