Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sullivan Street...

After spending all day yesterday watching rubbish on my laptop, I thought I'd make the most of the incredible weather today and go for a wonder around 'town'. So I went for a mooch around Prince Street and Broadway, around E. Houston and Bleeker Street and around Greenwich Village. It was beautifully sunny and lovely and warm, it felt like Spring has well and truly got it's foot in the door and it's coming in.

After a bit of strolling I went off Bleeker Street and found myself on Sullivan Street...

The houses were beautifully kept and all painted in different colours, but in very tasteful colours and in the sunshine they looked so bright and cheery...

It felt a little bit like wondering around parts of London...

I love how there are certain streets dotted around Manhattan that just completely transport you to somewhere entirely different, like around the University there's an alley that looks like it's straight out of France and around the East Village there are some incredible homes with incredibly decorative wrought-iron grates.

Everything just feels so individual and unique. It's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment