Sunday, March 28, 2010

26 Hours in Miami...

Due to a sudden change of plans I ended up flying to Miami on Thursday afternoon to help out on the photo shoot on Friday. It was all a little bit surreal really and a bit rushed and unfortunately I didn't really get to see much of Miami at all, apart from the motorway, the hotel and the studio/warehouse where the shoot was taking place.

I got to see a couple of palm trees by the side of the road, but no sand or sea for me. It was lovely and sunny (and pretty muggy) when I arrived and the smell of the air instantly took me back to our holidays in Orlando - it was lovely getting images of Disney World and Universal Studios and the Space Center and Grenada... it made me feel quite homesick though.

It's a bit rubbish that Abi had only just arrived and I had to go again, but it made coming back on Friday night even better knowing that Abi would be in the flat.

I'm off to Miami again this evening for the week (and then possibly the following week), so I doubt there'll be too much to blog about from the shoot, but I'm going to try and see some of Fort Lauderdale in the evenings at least.

But for now, here's a picture of what was probably the prettiest view I had from my first visit to Miami...


No comments:

Post a Comment