Sunday, January 29, 2012

Shop Fronts...

Every time we get a taxi back from Manhattan we drive over the Williamsburg Bridge, down Lee Avenue and then down Nostrand Avenue, and every time we go down Lee and Nostrand we see all the fantastic shop fronts and they're great (but not necessarily good) signage.

I've been meaning to go for a walk down along those roads and take photos of all the shop signs for aaaaaaaaages, so this morning I finally did.

So here we go, some of the best, and worst shop signs Nostrand and Lee have to offer...


Walking down Lee and Nostrand is like walking back in time, the shops probably haven't changed in over 20 years - maybe more, and I think that's what makes them so interesting.

It was great to walk down and take it all in, rather than whizz by in a taxi. I'm sure there are hundreds of shops like this around, especially in Brooklyn, but down these streets they're just one after the other.

I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment