Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Foo Fighters in The Garden...

On Sunday night I notched up my 17th Foo Fighters gig, this time they were playing at Madison Square Garden!!!

I decided to get there earlier this time and watch the support bands (I've been missing out on the support acts at gigs recently) - and I'm glad I did, Joy Formidable, a new band from Wales, were absolutely brilliant. The other band supporting were Social Distortion, they got a HUGE cheer, I think there were lots of old punk fans in the crowd. I'd heard a few of their songs, but mainly from film soundtracks. They finished with a punk version of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire, and then, it was time for the Foos!


An email went out a couple of days before the gig saying that everything had been pushed forward an hour, so the doors opened an hour earlier, so the Foos could come on stage an hour earlier. The reason was their set list was going to be 3 HOURS LONG!!!


The set list was pretty similar to when we saw them to other month, but they change the way the end their songs all the time, so it still felt different - and the sell out crowd at Madison Square Garden were far more rowdy than in New Jersey, even up in the seats I was in, people were really going for it! They guy in front of me must have gone home with a sore neck because he was headbanging for 80% of the gig.


For the encore, Dave came and did some songs on his own on his big podium at the back of the arena, so everyone at the back could get a better look at him...


and then they were joined on stage by a very special guest... Joan Jett!!!!She got a HUGE roar from the crowd and they did this version of Bad Reputation ...



It was an absolutely amazing (and pretty exhausting) night, 3 hours of singing along to all their best songs.

It was bloody fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment