Monday, March 28, 2011

Anxieteam...

Last night Abi, Ben and I headed to a bar called Coco66 in Greenpoint (in Brooklyn) to see Jon Burgerman's 'band', Anxieteam.


Anxieteam is Jon Burgerman and his artist friend (from Germany?), they're both artists and they decided to form a band. I say 'band', they're more of a performance art piece, playing songs based on things that make them anxious.

Usually they do live drawings when they're playing their songs, but last night they were just singing (or talking rhythmically over electronic beats).

I have to say that I'm not a fan of performance art really, and unfortunately last night didn't really change my mind - but it was interesting and it was good to see Greenpoint. It looks like there are some nice places to go out there.

Coco66 used to be a little chocolate shop, hence the Coco bit (and it's number 66 on the road) - but it didn't look like there were than many original features left. Just down the road there was a restaurant called the Pencil Factory... I wonder if that used to be a pencil factory?

It was another great New York experience though, seeing some arty performance in a tiny bar, late on a Sunday night in Brooklyn. I'm glad we went, but I have a horrible feeling that due to the fact that there weren't many people there, Jon Burgerman would have probably been able to see us leave before the end... Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment