Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday & Scuppered Plans...

Well... it was Super Bowl Sunday today, but unfortunately my plans to go and watch the event were scuppered.

Late this afternoon I got on the G train to go into Manhattan, to a sports bar to watch the game, but after traveling just one stop away from my apartment the train had a wee problem. There was apparently a systems malfunction at the station ahead, so our train was still in the station until they managed to fix it. The driver was very nice and opened the doors as he didn't want us to feel trapped because we weren't going anywhere... after what felt like absolutely ages (but was probably about 15-20 minutes) I'd had enough of sitting and waiting, so I got out and walked back to my apartment.

On my way back I saw lots of people outside the station all talking about if the trains were running or not - it's so annoying when the G train's not working properly because it's the closest train and it links to the L and the A for getting into Manhattan. I heard one girl on the phone who sounded quite worried about how she was going to get home.

I checked on the internet but the only news I could find was that no trains were traveling in either direction, so I wouldn't make it to the bar for kick off. I think they managed to sort the problem out later but with delays on all trains.

I couldn't find any sites streaming the game live, so I wasn't able to see the any of the action afterall. Oh well, there's always next year.

1 comment:

  1. The best laid plans are often scuppered. What a shame you can't watch I player.

    ReplyDelete