Monday, December 7, 2009

Rain-deer...

It was a bit of a grim day on Saturday, it poured with rain ALL DAY!
Well, actually... sometime in the afternoon the rain actually turned to SNOW!!!!!
My first snow in New York, I was SO excited... unfortunately it didn't really settle, apart from on my coat - so I couldn't really take any decent photos. It was dark and the snow was still rather wet, so everytime I took my phone out to take a picture it just got damp...

Despite the rain, people were still out in force - the shops were chockablock! Christmas shopping is well underway for the people of Manhattan (including me, I have a rather nice pile of shopping bags building up now).

To make up for the lack of snow pictures, here's a little picture of some rather lovely reindeer a man in Union Square was making and selling, the rain didn't seem to dampen his spirits, he was very chipper... (wood chipper... get it...!)

No comments:

Post a Comment