Sunday, December 13, 2009

Back To The Rock...


Well, I risked life and limb and braved the crazy crowds surrounding the Rockefeller Center to try and get a photograph of the Christmas lights... It was ridiculously busy!

Despite the crowds, despite the pushing and pulling, nobody seemed to be getting angry, people were even helping strangers get back with their families as they were being swept away in the crowds...

Everyone was trying to get their photos taken by the angels and the Christmas tree, or get down to see the ice-rink.

I didn't manage to get to the ice-rink (I wasn't sure if I'd come back in one piece), but I managed to take a little photo of the lights... it looks even more beautiful in real life.

1 comment:

  1. What a day of contrasts. I think my fvourite is the building wrapped in ribbon - how do they work out how it will look, and do they hold their breath whilst they turn the lights on for the first time?!
    Thank you for showing us all how New Yorkers do Christmas.
    Not long until the big day...

    ReplyDelete