Wednesday, July 31, 2013

VNA x Faile...

Yesterday, after work, I rushed down to the Reed Space gallery on Orchard Street for the launch of the latest edition of VNA Magazine...

VNA (Very Nearly Almost) is a British Street Art magazine, but they were over in New York to launch their latest magazine which is all about Faile.

The celebrate the launch Faile had taken 50 of the magazines and screen-printed one of their images over the front and back covers. They were letting the first 50 people to the launch buy one of these very limited edition pieces, so needless to say, there was already a queue by the time I got there...

Luckily though, I was the 23rd person to turn up, so I got one!


It's a simple one colour screen print, but it's got a lovely thick texture and you can see the brush marks in the white where they put down the base colour...

After getting it back to Brooklyn and having a look through it, I found that it's numbered and signed inside! Which was a very nice surprised, I have number 149 out of 200.

I've just seen someone's already trying to sell one on eBay for $450!!! It's such a shame that people like that go to these events, taking the place of someone who really wants one, and then tries to those who couldn't get to the event pay a premium for it... Oh well.

I'm just going to enjoy mine and add it to my mini Faile collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment