Monday, May 2, 2011

Brooklyn Flea...

On Sunday morning, after a rather tasty breakfast at the newly opened Brooklyn Stoops cafe (which is a 5 minute walk from our apartment, and has very tasty croissants and coffee and will soon be serving dinner too) Kate (Abi's friend), Georgie (Abi's friend's special friend), Abi (my special friend) and I (Me) went to Williamsburg Waterfront to the Brooklyn Flea...

The weather was incredible and McCarren Park looked absolutely beautiful in the sunshine.

The Brooklyn Flea, which is normally in Fort Greene, has now set up a Sunday spot down by the river in Williamsburg, so you have the most amazing view when looking for hidden treasures...

There were so many brilliant things at the fair, lots of Americana type things, like flags and cowboy boots and leatherjackets, tshirts with eagles on and brilliant bicycles...

There was a lot of furniture, some great old school lockers, some beautiful wood tables, a reeeeally lovely old artist's/architect work desk. I've seen a couple of old wooded work desks recently and I've decided that as soon as I have room for my own little studio, I'm getting an antique work table - just incase you wanted to know.

There was a great selection of old wooden letterpress printing blocks too...

I got myself a little wooden & for $3.
We also got ourselves a huge Absolut Brooklyn bottle for our bar...

Unfortunately it's empty.

I love going round the Brooklyn Fair, and as the weather's getting nicer I imagine we might go back there a few times. Come the end of May they're opening a special food fair, as there are loads and loads of food vendors at the flea market, they're opening their own fair... that's guaranteed to be DELICIOUS and I think we're guaranteed to go and sample a few vendors this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment